From "Adam W. Dace" <colonelforbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ATS Storage Question
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:30:39 GMT
Even worse, the Admin Guide indicates more than one database file isn't
currently supported.  Ouch.

To be honest, I'm already running this and was just questioning my sizing.

Does anyone know the scoop on all this?  I can pretty easily just give up
and live with 2GB of cache.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net>wrote:

> Am 18.10.2013 18:14, schrieb Adam W. Dace:
> > Unfortunately, not an option for me
>
> bad
>
> > Although, honestly, I prefer filesystem-based storage anyways
>
> why?
>
> in case of a softeare which can work with RAW devcies you
> have the complete filesystem-overhead including caching and
> so on
>
> ATS raw devices are completly painless and initialized at their own
> even after stop ATS, dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=1M count=50
> followed by start the service again
>
> service ats stop; dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=1M count=50; service ats
> start
>
> > I was just wondering if there's a "right answer" here.
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net<mailto:
> h.reindl@thelounge.net>> wrote:
> >

> >     Am 18.10.2013 18:01, schrieb Adam W. Dace:
> >     > I've already noticed ATS tends to slow down a bit when using
> database files above 2GB...but it got me thinking.
> >     > Does anyone know which would be more efficient: 2 database files
> at 2GB each...or 4 database files at 1GB each?
> >
> >     no file at all is the solution -> RAW device
> >
> >     [root@proxy:~]$ cat /etc/trafficserver/storage.config
> >     # Storage Configuration file
> >
> >     # /etc/udev/rules.d/50-ats.rules
> >     # Apache Traffic Server owns disk for RAW access
> >     # KERNEL=="sdc", OWNER="ats"
> >
> >     /dev/sdc

Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74@gmail.com>

Phone: (815) 355-5848