From "Adam W. Dace" <colonelforbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buffering Streaming HTTP with ATS
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:25:15 GMT
Uh...let me put ATS into debug mode and take a look.  I'll get back to you.

I'm still playing a bit of whack-a-mole with tuning options.  Of course,
having a child proxy in Illinois and a parent proxy in California will do
that.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2013, at 5:05 PM, Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > This email is meant to open discussions regarding this as I'm not
> entirely sure ATS can even do this sort of thing.
> >
> > 1) Is there some way I can configure ATS to buffer streaming HTTP?
>
> What does the streaming HTTP look like? An unbounded API data feed?
>
> >  I'd happily sacrifice 8MB of RAM(a few seconds of video) or so to make
> this happen.  Disk would also work fine.
> >
> > 2) If not, would you guys consider this for a future feature?
> >
> > I know this is sort of a "pie in the sky" type request, the only reason
> I ask is I now have a parent cache that can move approx. 50MB/sec of data
> and a child cache that can only accept about 1.5MB/sec of data.
> >
> > It'd be really nice to leverage the parent cache to do more than simply
> work around IPv4's backbone routing slowness.

Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74@gmail.com>

Phone: (815) 355-5848
Microsoft Messenger - colonelforbin74@live.com <adam@turing.com>

Google Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109309036874332290399/about