From "johan.caripson" <johan.carip...@gmail.com>
Subject SV: Re: ATS Storage Question
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:05:56 GMT
We found out to many where not so good i our case... But if we had diffrent size depending
on type of file to be cached we manange to improve the speed and have a couple of db files.

But If you run this as virtualized. First thing you should do is IOPS test. This will help
you find what size you should use as db file.

Kind regards
Johan Carlsson

Skickat från min Samsung Mobil

-------- Originalmeddelande --------
Från: "Adam W. Dace" <colonelforbin74@gmail.com>
Datum: 18-10-2013  18:40  (GMT+01:00)
Till: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Rubrik: Re: ATS Storage Question

Yeah, I'm not trying to debate that filesystem is faster than raw disk.  It's just not really
an option for me.
Heck, one of the caches I'm running is completely virtualized.  Sorry, no raw disk there.

That's why I'm asking about files...did your testing have anything to say about one file versus
many?