On Oct 14, 2013, at 6:51 PM, Chu Duc Minh <chu.ducminh@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, object is cacheable and not in cache. I also configured:
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 0

From the second run test, it does not request to origin any more. But I want to configure ATS to reduce request/connection number used to get content from origin when object was not in cache (for example: cold start).

E.g.

CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.max_open_read_retries INT 5
CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.open_read_retry_time INT 10

That would stall subsequent requests on a total cache miss for up to 50ms. Note that if you put this in records.config, it applies to all requests, which can be very detrimental for non-cacheable content. You are best off turning this on via remap.config or plugins such that it only applies for content which you know has reasonable chance of being cacheable.

https://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/admin/http-proxy-caching.en.html#reducing-origin-server-requests-avoiding-the-thundering-herd

Leif