From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: Can ATS cache https requests?
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:34:28 GMT
Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 2:50:49 AM, you wrote:

> Am 26.11.2013 04:36, schrieb Karthick S:
>> My use case is "Orgin Server <-> ATS (encrypted), and ATS <->Client (unencrypted)".
I wanted to configure ATS for
>> this use case. Will this keep the https response in cache?

> besides SSL between the servers and no encryption to the client makes pretty
> no sense at all *no it will not* because it is the other way around

That depends - if you are using ATS as a forward proxy it could well be that the ATS <->
origin server link is on the Internet and needs to be encrypted while the ATS <-> UA
link is on a local network and doesn't require that.

I think you should be able to do this. As long as ATS sees the traffic unencrypted it should
be able to cache it. I know that ATS will do outbound SSL (to the origin server) so I would
certainly give it a try.