From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Segfault with 4.1.1 using url_regex and proxy.config.remap.num_remap_threads > 1
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 08:34:00 GMT
> > > Out of curiosity, why are you using the remap threads? Do you have a
> > > remap
> > > plugin that can block ?
> >

> > Nope, just will be doing high volume, Lua-based remapping, so that sounded
> > like it could be a useful setting. But sounds like I don't need it, since
> > my
> > Lua code never blocks.
>

> Yeah try without it first. If you experience unacceptable latencies, increase
> the number of worker threads first. That will give you more Lua states as
> well.
Where would be a good place to put this piece of wisdom as documentation?

I think we need to start a performance tuning doc that'll show admins which knobs to turn
to actually get out a better performance.

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org
GPG: 8716 7A9F 989B ABD5 100F 4008 F266 55D6 2998 1641