From "Adam W. Dace" <colonelforbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can ATS keep more than 500mbit/s traffic for single instance?
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2013 04:54:04 GMT
I've left that feature alone, as I don't fully understand it.  My first
goal was to take a stock ATS installation, and simply convince it
to act as a speedy forward-only caching proxy with as few changes as
possible.  I've then taken that config, added child/parent options and am
currently running it on a hosted VM(parent) and my Mac(child).  I haven't
documented that part at all, as it seems the current documentation
addresses all of that quite well.

I'll try to learn more about CentOS over time and see if I can report back
on the number of map areas it's using.
I've no idea if there's really utilities for that in Mac OS X.  Frustrating.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2013, at 9:02 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 21, 2013, at 9:11 PM, James Peach <jpeach@apache.org> wrote:

> to deploy my Wiki page may help:

> bit of time simply tuning ATS for my own uses.
>  I'm hoping once the next release is out the door
> >>
> >> Yes, that's a nice piece of work! The effect
> ofproxy.config.system.mmap_max is interesting; were you ble to test with
> tcmalloc?
>

> One thought: Are you by chance running with the reclaimable freelist
> feature enabled ? If so, it sounds like it could possible consume a metric
> ton of mmap areas. Can you check your build and the number of map areas
> that your traffic_process is consuming ?
>
> — leif

Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74@gmail.com>

Phone: (815) 355-5848
Microsoft Messenger - colonelforbin74@live.com <adam@turing.com>