From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 4.2.0 SSL SNI compatibility ... (related to TS-2031)
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2014 18:54:47 GMT
On Feb 1, 2014, at 7:37 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded to latest master, and noticed that our behavior has changed related to
how certs are “negotiated”. This is related to TS-2031 I believe.

> What it meant for me was that I had to reorder a couple of rules in ssl_multicert.config
for the sites to work as expected. I’m sure this is a pretty unusual case, so I’m probably
ok to just document this (visibly, in the v4.2.0 release) notes. But I’m interested to hear
what others using SSL has to say about this? It technically does break backwards compatibility,
since a config that used to work with v4.1.3 will not work with v4.2.0.

> Or should we play it safe, and move TS-2031 over to 5.0.x ?

I'm not very clear on what happened; can you spell it out?