From Girish G <girish.vai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Clustering issue
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:13:52 GMT
This happened because of a flap that happened at the bond interface. Some
time, the active slave on the bond interface on one server swapped to eth1
on one box, that was connected to a different physical switch, whereas on
the other server, it remained as eth0. This was identified when a tcp dump
was analyzed on the bond interface, where it was not at all showing any
broadcasting to the problem node. The output of bond interface was like

*server1:*
root@cdn-fe4:# cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0
Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011)

Bonding Mode: fault-tolerance (active-backup)
Primary Slave: None
Currently Active Slave: eth0
====snip====
*server2:*
root@fe7:/opt/trafficserver/etc# cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0
Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver: v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011)

Bonding Mode: fault-tolerance (active-backup)
Primary Slave: None
Currently Active Slave: eth1
====snip====

Tested again after breaking the bond, and manually configuring ATS to
cluster via eth0, and this time, it worked.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Girish G <girish.vaikom@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I use a compiled version of ATS 4.1.2 on Debian Wheezy for distributed
> caching. Both the nodes that I am trying to cluster, resides on the same
> physical switch and same vlan, with same proxy.config.proxy_name value.
> However, most of the time, ATS is not able to discover th
> is particular
> node, and once in a while, it throws an error saying
>

> root@fe4:/opt/trafficserver/etc# grep -i illegal
> /opt/trafficserver/var/log/trafficserver/*
> /opt/trafficserver/var/log/trafficserver/diags.log:[Feb 21 18:00:37.714]
> Server {0x2b99c1e29700} NOTE: Illegal cluster connection from 10.65.130.31
> /opt/trafficserver/var/log/trafficserver/diags.log:[Feb 21 18:35:59.686]
> Server {0x2b99c1e29700} NOTE: Illegal cluster connection from 10.65.130.31
>
> However, the second host 10.65.130.31, is able to cluster with a
> different server, that resides on a different
> physical switch, but on the same VLAN
> ,
> and
>  has the same proxy.config.proxy_name.
> So this is kind of uncertain which nodes would be able to be a part of the
> cluster.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Gir

Cheers,
Girish G Pillai (9620015557)

As you think in your heart, so are you...