From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remap/regex_remap consolidation
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 13:19:46 GMT

> On Mar 26, 2014, at 2:02 AM, Brian Geffon <briang@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Thomas, I somewhat agree: my guess would be the additional regexes would
> likely cancel any performance gain there.
>
> Does anyone else have feedback or comments?

The other argument for this is that with separate regexes, you don't have to create the full
URL string representation. I don't know if the core has any optimizations here, but for a
plugin that is an expensive operation. With separate regexes for host and path, this is a
non-issue.

Maybe you can do separate regexes but let expansions cross over? $h[1] for a host group etc.

Pros and cons :)

-- Leif