From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Authorization headers stripped in 4.x?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 19:49:53 GMT
On Apr 3, 2014, at 11:08 AM, Brendan Webb <webbbr@ohsu.edu> wrote:

> After upgrading from ATS 3.0.4 to 4.2.0, it appears that Authorization headers are being
stripped by ATS (or, at least, they aren't reaching the origin servers).

> I've dug through the documentation and mailing list archives, but can't seem to find
anything conclusive. Anyone have insight on what may have changed?

> In case it matters, I'm using NTLM Authentication on the origin servers.

This sounds like it might be related to origin server session sharing. I have a vague recollection
of something on the list about this with NTLM auth, but I could not find it in my archives.
IIRC, NTLM auth requires that server sessions are not shared.