From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Odd 302 behavior
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:04:08 GMT
On Sun, 2014-04-27 at 21:27 -0400, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> We see this issue over and over again, and there’s a lot of confusion. Against my better
judgement, I agreed that we should change the default for the pristine host header config
from “0” to “1”.

I don't recollect exactly when, but that caught me out and I spent
some time figuring out WTF was going on.

> Should we perhaps bite the bullet once again for v5.0.0, and turn this off? It’s the
way it used to be in Yahoo TS and Apache TS for a long time, and it’s *probably* the common
way for most reverse proxies.

I'd say yes.

The alternative would be a menu of "scenario" configuration options.
So,
	"Reverse Proxy" or "Gateway"  ---> Pristine Off
	"CDN"				---> Pristine On

If anyone were to think about a fancy GUI installer/admin panel,
that could be a good time to introduce such a thing.

--
Nick Kew