From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: ATS x datacenter(s)
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:48:44 GMT

Am 17.04.2014 20:41, schrieb Bacon Tuna:
> I haven't had luck finding white papers or documentation discussing strategies for running
ATS clusters across
> multiple data centers or availability zones to support high availability?
>
> Any chance someone on here can point me in the right direction?
>
> Do people load balance multiple clusters with separate caches, or do they employ some
mechanism to maintain
> consistency across regions?

i would let caches alone, it get's filled alone and has no imprtant data

if you only have one backend and some ATS for load-balancing you are
completly fine - your spread your load and take a lot of away from
the backend server possible resulting in you have no need for more
backend servers - the high ability itself of the backend can by
something like VMware HA or whatever doing failover

if you need more than one backendserver you should take much
more care to keep sessions between the backends synchronous
to avoid troubles having one request of the same client on
two different backend servers and log the client out