From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 4.2.1 (RC0)
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:54:41 GMT
-1

I think there's still a bug, demonstrated by some testing Phil has done. We have a theory
on the cause and Phil is setting up the testing again with a fix. Our view is that the previous
patch introduced a race condition involving the ram cache and this is the cause of the crash.
The fix is to not do the 4.2.0 fixup on objects from the ram cache, as they have already had
it done when read from disk. This is not directly a problem because the 4.2.0 is idempotent,
but it can cause a race but not doing the fixup avoids the race condition.