From David Jericho <David.Jeri...@aarnet.edu.au>
Subject RE: Odd 302 behavior
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 03:15:49 GMT
Leif Hedstrom [mailto:zwoop@apache.org] wrote:
> We see this issue over and over again, and there's a lot of confusion. Against my better
judgement, I agreed that we should change the default for the pristine host header config
from "0" to "1".

> Should we perhaps bite the bullet once again for v5.0.0, and turn this off? It's the
way it used to be in Yahoo TS and Apache TS for a long time, and it's *probably* the common
 way for most reverse proxies.

Coincidentally I was caught by this just last night and spent an hour working backwards through
it. My end solution was a reverse map, but I can see how the host header would help things.
I'd need to reconfigure our back ends though, because default virtual hosts do make certain
things a lot easier.