From Frank Smith <francis.h.sm...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Odd 302 behavior
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 22:16:14 GMT
So, changing that pristine_host_hdr variable worked.  Can someone explain why?
Also, I found the suggestions about debug, etc to be very helpful in troubleshooting a couple
of things, and getting a good bead on a problem with the app server backend.

From: ming.zym@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Odd 302 behavior
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:32:56 +0800
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org

sounds to me you haven’t check the backend server access logs, in your case, if your origin
server may have a default virtual host or similar 302 to the www host, you may get some unexpected
result as you got now.
and please check: 'CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1’, you can set to
‘0’ in your case.
anyway, check the input and out put is always a good idea. and https is not easy to debug,
you may change it ti http:// in the mapped to, to get it easy to tcpdump.

FYI

- Yongming Zhao 赵永明

在 2014年4月24日,下午12:51,Frank Smith <francis.h.smith@outlook.com> 写道:Thanks.
 I will double check that I am using the trailing slash.  Also, appreciate the help with pointing
me at debug tags and http_ui, some additional visibility could be very helpful here - particularly
the raw HTTP headers.
Out of curiosity, when I was debugging, I decided to try to use a known 'good' site as my
HTTPS backend, and I decided to try proxying myself to GitHub's website as a test.  (Since
I don't know whether I trust the configuration of my app server.)
I abandoned that test, because it appeared that GitHub managed to get my browser to redirect
itself to their site, or depending on how I messed with the mappings - error out all together.
Can anyone conceptually explain to me what is happening there, and what the correct way to
do that would be?
Obviously, I have no interest in reverse_proxying my URL to GitHub, but I thought it might
be an interesting common example we could use to understand how this is supposed to work.
An example or two like that could really help the docs - since it is the proxy equivalent
of being able to use sample code.