From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Fall 2014 Summit
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:28:08 GMT
Hi all,

First off, thanks to everyone for participating in our Spring 2014 summit. We got some stuff
done, and perhaps more importantly, we got some good ideas on how to make the next Summit
better. The format going forward is going to be a mix of structure and unstructured meetings.
Something like

	* Day 1: 6x 1h long presentations, prepared in advance. A CFP will be made for this. This
is still a semi-open forum, so expect 1/3 of the time to be for Q&A.
	* Day 2: 3x 2h long design / brain storm sessions. This will still be guided / structured
under guidance of a session chair, to keep the discussions relevant.

Now, the tricky part is the location. We’d like to try to keep this adjacent to a conference,
as it turns out Velocity EU and ApacheCon EU are held the same week. So, the proposal at hand
is to do the ATS Fall summit on November 20-21st (Thu-Fri). The three possible locations are
Barcelona (Velocity), Budapest (ACEU) and Ireland (no conference, but fairly easy travel from
the other events).

Please fill in the Doodle below, marking your Yes / No / Maybe’s. I’ll keep this open
for at least a month, but please don’t lolligag. We’ll obviously keep the summit at one
location.

Cheers,

— leif

	http://doodle.com/dfb3ga9b34ycqik4