From Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfr...@tanso.net>
Subject Re: ERR_CONNECT_FAIL/301 on all redirects?
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 11:04:27 GMT
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 10:54:04AM +0000, Luca Rea wrote:
> It seems that your ATS instance is using the method CONNECT (https) to establish
> a connection to your http backend, perhaps you should configure SSL termination on the
proxy side...

No, we're terminating SSL on ATS. Backend is
"http://webfrontend.example.net/", which https://www.example2.no/ is
mapped to:

        redirect       http://example2.no                          https://www.example2.no
        redirect       https://example2.no                         https://www.example2.no
        redirect       http://www.example2.no                      https://www.example2.no
        map             https://www.example2.no/                    http://webfrontend.example.net/

But it's these redirects that are triggering ERR_CONNECT_FAIL/301 logs.
AFAIK ATS shouldn't need to go to a backend to serve the "HTTP/1.1 301 Redirect"
for these.

 -jf