From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Future of traffic_shell ?
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 19:57:33 GMT
Hi all,

I’d like to remove the existing traffic_shell command. This is one of two remaining TCL
places, and as far as I know, this is of little use. Now, a significant portion, but not all,
of traffic_shell has been reimplemented as a Perl script. I’m hoping this is an adequate
tool to at least achieve much of what people might be using traffic_shell for. What’s missing
is the “config” portion, where traffic_shell implements basically the equivalent of calling
traffic_line -s -v.

Unless there are objections to this, I’d like to proceed by

	1. Eliminate existing traffic_shell
	2. Replace it with traffic_shell[.pl], the perl script
	3. Clean up the documentation. Much of it stays the same (the show: commands in the perl
script are identical), but some would be defunct.

— Leif