From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proxy.config.log.max_secs_per_buffer
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:24:17 GMT
On Jun 30, 2014, at 11:13 AM, Jason Strongman <jasonstrongman2016@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the best approach to having access/transaction files updated in the same fashion
as Apache web server? Meaning, whenever a transaction is complete Apache httpd updates its
access file. ATS on the other hand updates logs after the buffer expiration time.  By default
that expiration time is every 5 seconds. Lowering that value is does not seem to work. The
buffer is still flushed every 5 seconds. Increasing the value does work though. So a 10 second
configuration results in a 10 second flush. So is there a hard set lower limit ? Or should
I lower the buffer size ?

Buffer time expiration is only checked on the periodic task interval, which is hardcoded to
5sec. It sounds like you want the access logs to be unbuffered? I'm not sure whether there
is a good way to do that, but maybe lowering the buffer size could work if you don't run into
side-effects ...