From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cache Inspection Tool And Cache Stored GET URL
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 02:30:50 GMT
yeah, this is a common issue when deal with complex remapping rules and remapping plugins,
the root cause is that the remapped URL may change in the cache, where we use the remapped
URL for the key indexing.

in your case, you choose to use ‘proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr=1’ to force
a remapped URL  = UA side URL for the key, that is causing some mess.

in our dealing with plugins that make complex remapping, we find that case is a common case,
and forced us to rethink that we should consider to make some change. at last we changed the
remapping in the API, to add another API to get the remapped URL. that is not a good solution,
but we can get all those mess into one single point of view.

and cache inspector is another entry to the caching details, it will be affected by the same
situation, my suggestion is we should do the same remap conversion in all those entries.

- Yongming Zhao 赵永明

在 2014年6月6日,上午5:56,Scott Harris <scott@harrisnet.id.au> 写道:

> I logged an issue about this last year
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-1767
>
> On 06/06/2014 4:09 AM, "Jason Strongman" <jasonstrongman2016@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a remap rule of the below.
>
> map /www.abc.com http://www.xyz.com @plugin=conf_remap.so @pparam=proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr=1
>

> When the cache inspection tool generates a URL list, the list comprises of the re-mapped
URL.
> When I click on a URL to view details, cache inspection tool errors that the URL can't
be found.
> I have to modify the URL in the lookup_url URL to match the md5 that is stored in the
cache key.

> To generate the URL list, I believe the cache inspection tool is simply dumping the cache
db, then generating a list based on the value of the stored 'GET URL'

> In this case the GET URL stored is:
>

> http://www.xyz.com/file.txt
>
> When the end users request:
>
> http://www.abc.com/file.txt
>
> Keep in mind the cache key is correct - md5sum(http://www.abc.com/file.txt). It's just
the corresponding 'GET' url stored in the cache entry is wrong.