From geo...@free.fr
Subject Re: cache inspector alternative
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 17:02:40 GMT
> There is a Jira ticket somewhere to expose the cache inspector
> features as a set of command-line tools, but Jira being what it is,
> I can't find it right now. In the absence on that, tools that work
> on the access logs are a pretty reasonable solution.

I am happy to read that, thanks I'm not wrong in my "not-a-C*-programmer" approach!

> If the goal is to invalidate large portions of the cache, that's
> typically done with a small plugin that injects a static version
> string into the cache key. To invalidate a portion of the cache
> (usually defined by a remap rule), you just rev the version string.

OK, but does this kind of plugin already exists ?

My goal is to be able to purge the cache using pre-defined regex for types of objects (images,
audio, video, office, css, js) and also on demand regex. I already classified the content
in 13 categories to pre-define the regexes, but more can come later.