From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cache inspector alternative
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 03:53:09 GMT

http://nwk1-gnscapacity-sv11.apple.com:4242/cgi-bin/heatmap.cgi?num_hours=2&precision=0&stats_system=Epic&summarize=no&map_name=jptyo2_cdn_heat

>> In the absence on that, tools that work
>> on the access logs are a pretty reasonable solution.
>
> I am happy to read that, thanks I'm not wrong in my "not-a-C*-programmer" approach!
>
>> If the goal is to invalidate large portions of the cache, that's
>> typically done with a small plugin that injects a static version
>> string into the cache key. To invalidate a portion of the cache
>> (usually defined by a remap rule), you just rev the version string.
>
> OK, but does this kind of plugin already exists ?

AFAIK there's not plugin that implements the goal below ...

> My goal is to be able to purge the cache using pre-defined regex for types of objects
(images, audio, video, office, css, js) and also on demand regex. I already classified the
content in 13 categories to pre-define the regexes, but more can come later.

I think your approach is reasonable.