From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: custom logs
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:27:03 GMT

On Jul 1, 2014, at 10:06 AM, geodni@free.fr wrote:

> Replying to myself, it works only when all these requirements are strictly met :
> - overriding the value "proxy.config.log.xml_config_file" with another xml config filename
instead of the default "logs_xml.config" (it does not work when forcing with this filename
in recods.config)

This is very strange. I use custom logs all the time, using the default logs_xml.config file.
Are you positive it does not work with the default file (which you must edit, obviously) ?

— Leif

> - strictly fixing owner & write permissions for ATS user (www under FreeBSD) :
>  + /var/log/trafficserver directory
> - no syntax error in the xml config file and NO comments at all.
>
> Just to mention that for this xml config file:
> - comments are may cause an error but
> - no logs are written when an error is encountered
>
> Config tested for ATS 4.1.2 and ATS 4.2.2 with FreeBSD 10 amd64. I don't have any linux
box.

> Denis
>

>> Hi,
>> I can't get custom logs to work, no file is created and no specific
>> logs even if I force a syntax error in logs_xml.config with an
>> unclosed comment "<!---" or "<logObject>". It does not seem to be a
>> permission problem as I also tested with manually creating the log
>> file. I also unsuccessfully tried with another xml config file using
>> "proxy.config.log.xml_config_file" and stopping/restarting ATS.
>>
>> I looked for that in the users' archives, I found just unanswered
>> question
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/trafficserver-users/201309.mbox/%3C52443A39.7020101@ferminati.net%3E
>>
>> Here is my configuration
>> ATS 4.1.2 and ATS 4.2.2 (08cd513)/ FreeBSD 10 amd64
>>
>> ==> records.config <==
>> CONFIG proxy.config.log.logging_enabled INT 3
>> CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_secs_per_buffer INT 5
>> CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_space_mb_for_logs INT 25000
>> CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_space_mb_for_orphan_logs INT 25
>> CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_space_mb_headroom INT 1000
>> CONFIG proxy.config.log.custom_logs_enabled INT 1
>>
>> ==> logs_xml.config <==
>> <LogFormat>
%<pssc>