From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: High Bandwidth Consumption
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 23:41:34 GMT

On Jul 2, 2014, at 5:15 PM, Nikolai Gorchilov <niki@x3me.net> wrote:

> IMHO it's the background fill feature to be blamed for excessive uplink utilisation in
forwarding mode.

> While I couldn't find a way to completely disable it, I managed to drastically reduce
my bandwidth overhead by adjusting the following options in ATS 5.0.0:
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.background_fill_active_timeout INT 1
> CONFIG proxy.config.http.background_fill_completed_threshold FLOAT 0.999999

Well, that’s borderline disabling it. Maybe just disable it completely? :)

I guess this does make sense if you have a lot of content which is cacheable, but not frequently
fetched by more than one (or a small number of) users.

— Leif