From Daniel Biazus <daniel.bia...@azion.com>
Subject Log rolling
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 12:44:34 GMT
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to completely disable the log rolling on ATS ? I've tried to
disable it on records.config by changing the following variables :

CONFIG proxy.config.log.logging_enabled INT 3
CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_space_mb_for_logs INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.log.max_space_mb_headroom INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.log.squid_log_enabled INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.log.squid_log_is_ascii INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.log.rolling_enabled INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.log.rolling_interval_sec INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.log.rolling_size_mb INT 0
CONFIG proxy.config.log.auto_delete_rolled_files INT 0

However, when ATS is restarted it creates a new log file, coping the old
one to a new file.

ex:

Original log file:
/var/log/trafficserver/MyLogFile.log

After ATS restart:

/var/log/trafficserver/MyLogFile.log_hostname.19700101.00h00m00s-20140715.12h32m03s.old

We have a homemade log parser for analytical purposes, and we must preserve
the original filename.

Thanks in advance!

--
Daniel Biazus

Porto Alegre, Brasil + 55 51 3012 3005
Miami, USA + 1 305 704 8816

Quaisquer informações contidas neste e-mail e anexos podem ser
confidenciais e privilegiadas, protegidas por sigilo legal. Qualquer forma
de utilização deste documento depende de autorização do emissor, sujeito as
penalidades cabíveis.

Any information in this e-mail and attachments may be confidential and
privileged, protected by legal confidentiality. The use of this document
require authorization by the issuer, subject to penalties.