From Emiliano Bonansea <emilianobonan...@gmail.com>
Subject IN-OUT traffic inconsistencies
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 14:09:32 GMT
Hi,

We're using ATS 5.0.1 in forward proxy mode and it has been working very
well for nearly a month. To keep record of the traffic and calculate the
savings we're measuring RX and TX bytes from this two linux counters.

/sys/class/net/eth0/statistics/rx_bytes
/sys/class/net/eth0/statistics/tx_bytes

The inconsistency that we see is that from time to time we can see that
traffic IN is bigger that traffic OUT, wich is a bit odd since we double
checked that there is no ATS external process consuming traffic, and
disabled backgroud fetch plugin. Did anyone saw this behaviour before?
from my perspective it is not normal. Is there any other method to
measure the traffic without this inconsistency?
Below some examples using ifstat -b command.

        eth0
  Kbps in  Kbps out
23740.07  30806.81
*33503.20  33470.30*