From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATS Summit in California, October 2014
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 20:20:09 GMT

On Sep 2, 2014, at 2:25 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We’re looking at holding our next Summit in California, Bay Area (Sunnyvale / Mountain
View area). Assuming there is enough interest, the Summit will be a 2-day event. One of the
takeaways from our last Summit was to break this up into two types of sessions:

> 	Day 1: Presentations and scheduled items, planning for the upcoming 6 months
> 	Day 2: Less organized, group activities (work on code, brainstorm new features etc.)
>

> I’ve created a Doodle (of course), where I’m asking people to pick mark which days
works during the week of October

> 	http://doodle.com/w6u5i3ue7zuzsxic

I’m going to close this Doodle. Albeit a close call, the winners are Tue - Wed. So, we’ll
do our next summit October 21-22nd. I’ll start the Wiki page on this momentarily, but I’ll
ask everyone interested for two things to help:

	1) For Day 1, come up with proposals that you wish to present on.

	2) For Day 2, come up with proposals for discussions / designs / code sessions.

Tentatively, LinkedIn has promised to host this, but more details on that will be on the Wiki
as well.

Looking forward to see everyone in California!

— leif