From Kevin Kruzich <kkruz...@gmail.com>
Subject traffic server usage / stats (clarification)
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:21:38 GMT
I'm resending with clarifications: Trying to calculate bandwidth usage from
ATS (GET requests to internet clients). The counters
proxy.process.net.read_bytes and proxy.process.net.write_bytes appear to be
the correct choice but 1) what is difference between net.read, net.write
and 2) Assuming this count is since start of proc, how might I slice up the
data to increments such as day/week/month?

Thank you,
--kkruzich

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Kruzich <kkruzich@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Subject: traffic server usage / stats
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org

Hello --I'm trying to determine how much data has been served via a given
ATS server, specifically GET requests to internet clients. There are many
stats available on the /stats page (same or similar results are offered via
'traffic_line -r'), yet of all of these, the one which seems the closest
I'm looking for is proxy.process.net.read_bytes and .net.write_bytes. But
two questions about this:

1) What is meant by net.read vs. net.write?
2) This is a count since last start of the process. How might I calculate
bytes served in a day/week/month?

http://<ats-server>:8080/stat/ <http://img1.las:8080/stat/>

proxy.process.net.read_bytes=100282348193

proxy.process.net.write_bytes=363453506715