From Jason Strongman <jasonstrongman2...@gmail.com>
Subject regex_revalidate plugin and url defined in rule file
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:49:13 GMT
proxy mode - reverse proxy

related config option applied in my environment:

      records.config

         CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1

      remap.config

         map http://user.domain.com/ http://192.168.1.230/

when defining the re-validate urls, it appears the plugin regexp only
matches on the origin url

      revalidate.config

     # rule 1
     # doesnt match original url -
http://user.domain.com/mymedia/title1/movie.mp4

      user.domain.com/mymedia/title1/.* 1412033900

     # rule 2
     # matches original url -
http://user.domain.com/mymedia/title1/movie.mp4

     192.168.1.230/mymedia/title1/.* 1412033900

So with rule 1 in place, requests for the original URL will not trigger a
re-validate.
With rule 2 in place, the original URL is re-validated against the origin.

I am thinking the origin URL is used due to how and what meta-data is
stored with object.

Or I could be way off base, and just misunderstand my observations.

Please advise.