From Jason Strongman <jasonstrongman2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regex_revalidate plugin and url defined in rule file
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:10:08 GMT
since the plugin(in its current state) cant be called  from a specific
remap rule, how do you approach revalidation against a specific domain?
especially when that specific domain shares the same origin address as
another domain?

records.config

         CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1

remap.config

map http://www.domain1.com/ http://192.168.1.230/
map http://www.domain2.com/ http://192.168.1.230/

revalidate.config

           192.168.1.230/mymedia/title1/.*
<rule-expire-time-in-seconds-since-epoch>

With the above revalidate rule in place, requests for the below two URLs
will trigger a revalidation.

http://www.domain1.com/mymedia/title1/movie.mp4
<http://user.domain.com/mymedia/title1/movie.mp4>
http://www.domain2.com/mymedia/title1/movie.mp4
<http://user.domain.com/mymedia/title1/movie.mp4>

However, my intention is to only have www.domain1.com evaluated.

My guess is that I would have to define my origins with a specific hostname
instead. So the modified remap.config would look like,

map http://www.domain1.com/ http://origin.domain1.com/
map http://www.domain2.com/ http://origin.domain2.com/

Another question..

Since the revalidation plugin matches on the origin URL, and the only place
the origin URL is stored is within the object meta-data.. does that mean
that the plugin must inspect, and perform a cache lookup, for every single
request?