From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why my proxy.node.cache_hit_ratio drops
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:49:26 GMT

On Sep 30, 2014, at 5:27 AM, Jay Li (jianli) <jianli@cisco.com> wrote:

> Give you an update on it.  Since I played the video from browner firstly and later I
used wget tool to achieve the video,  I think  wget without http header option might not cache
the content, right?  With default config, how can I make the wget to cache the content ? Thank
you!

Sounds like possibly different alternate objects being hit; the same URL can have multiple
versions in an HTTP cache. Does the content get Vary: on some header? What version of ATS
are you using? There are a few settings related to how we interact with various content encodings
etc., and some of that semantics was augmented fairly recently (4.2 I think).

— leif

> Jay
>
> From: jianli Li <jianli@cisco.com>
> Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 1:11 PM
> To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org" <users@trafficserver.apache.org>
> Cc: "dev@trafficserver.apache.org" <dev@trafficserver.apache.org>
> Subject: why my proxy.node.cache_hit_ratio drops
>
> Hi, guys
>
> I configured ATS as full transparent proxy, but I found the proxy.node.cache_hit_ratio
dropped when I played the same video from client every time.  How can I monitor if the video
cached by ATS ?