From Joshua Blatt <bla...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [CFP and ANNOUNCE] Fall 2014 ATS Summit
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 17:50:54 GMT
Hi guys,

We're starting work on what we call our Edge PaaS based on ATS.   Initially we're talking
about RESTful services that configure ATS to do things like incremental upgrades (incrementally
shifting traffic from old to new versions of a service with some sort of cookie-based hash
so users don't randomly bounce back and forth across old and new versions of the system),
bucket testing, purging cached entities, etc.   We'd like to see this grown into a full-blown
multi-tenanted system where different ATS plugins can be isolated from each other, introduce
elasticity/a work conserving scheduler, etc.

This would not be a talk about ATS itself but rather about a system that uses ATS, so I'm
not sure if it's appropriate for the summit.   If it is please let me know, we'd be happy
to present the design, consider taking on additional requirements, etc.

We do plan on open sourcing this system.

Vaporware alert: we're starting to write code this month.

Thanks,

Josh

On Oct 1, 2014, at 10:06 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we’re looking for topics and presentations for the Summit in a few weeks. We’re looking
to fill two types of sessions for the two days:

> Day 1: Presentation (plus QA) sessions
>
> Day 2: Design / planning/ discussion sessions. A few topics of interest so far are QA
/ CI / testing, next generation cache tiers and config management.

> Anything goes, so please post your proposals (or email me directly). Day 1 is pretty
much wide open for any type of discussions, use cases, problem spaces, why ATS rocks (or sucks)
etc. Day 2 is more for future design planning, but is also pretty flexible. Please submit
proposals for both days asap!

> The Wiki page is at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Fall+2014+Summit .
For people without Wiki edit access, you can also email the information to me and I’ll add
it. You can also request edit access from Miles Libbey (mlibbey@apache.org).