From J David <j.david.li...@gmail.com>
Subject ATS not caching anything?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:01:43 GMT
Hello all,

After taking some first steps into ATS as a potential replacement for
an aging squid reverse proxy infrastructure, things appear to be going
mostly pretty well.  The first test server is at least up and running,
and with a one-line remap.config, is able to properly handle requests.

However, it does not appear to be caching anything.  The Age: header
is always 0, and the Via: header (with appropriate verbosity) reports
[cMsSf ].  With debugging logs turned on, confirmation appears in the
traffic.out log:

[Oct 20 23:25:43.146] Server {0x803808c00} DEBUG: (http) [88]
perform_cache_write_action CACHE_DO_NO_ACTION

The origin server is serving an ancient static text file:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 23:56:14 GMT

Server: Apache/2.2

Last-Modified: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 08:09:00 GMT

ETag: "b543-7e-4239aa1015f00"

Accept-Ranges: bytes

Connection: close

That should be the very soul of cachability, but for some reason it
isn't.  Why not?

The cache is configured with 32GiB of RAM and 32GiB of disk (but
ideally I would like to disable the disk cache entirely, ala squid's
"cache_dir null /null" setting, and cache entirely from RAM).  The
cache appears to be working, as diags.log reports:

[Oct 20 23:12:04.608] Server {0x803809400} NOTE: cache enabled

So I'm not sure what's going on. What else should I check?

Thanks for any help!