From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size query from eBay
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:10:10 GMT

> On Nov 21, 2014, at 1:54 PM, Lerner, Steve <slerner@ebay.com> wrote:
>
> Leif,
>
> Thanks for all the great thoughts. Note that this configuration is experimental so we
anticipate change and learning as we fine tune things.

> ·         We use F5 for SLB and we are aware of its limitations
> ·         We haven’t tried the L3 round robin approach but understand its value
> ·         We have yet to decide if we do or don’t like backplane ATS traffic vs just
load balancing with L7 hashed URLs inline and having little backplane traffic

> Give us some time to experiment- we can’t do anything during the retail season time
so we are trying various options with tiny traffic and in Jan we hope to know enough to go
for heavy traffic.

Fully understand! The fact that you guys are sharing your designs/architecture and ideas around
how to use ATS best is of great value to the community.

Cheers,

— leif