From "Lerner, Steve" <sler...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size query from eBay
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2014 14:21:33 GMT
Thanks Yongming – our team in China will take a look at the blog.

Our site is like yours- our images are tiny… maybe we should decrease the size?

-Steve

Steve Lerner | Sr. Member of Technical Staff, Network Engineering | M 212 495 9212 | slerner@ebay.com<mailto:slerner@ebay.com>
| Skype: steve.lerner

From: Yongming Zhao [mailto:ming.zym@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2014 12:36 AM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Subject: Re: proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size query from eBay

there is a blog in Chinese by 仝渊, which may help you calculate the memory needed by ATS:
 https://blog.zymlinux.net/index.php/archives/1038

well, you have big storage, then you want to cache big files? if so, please increase the average
size, that will help reduce the index memory.

FYI

- Yongming Zhao 赵永明

在 2014年11月15日,上午10:32,Lerner, Steve <slerner@ebay.com<mailto:slerner@ebay.com>>
写道:

James,

Makes perfect sense- thanks! In the mix of ye olde alchemy are there any favorite levers to
pull for ATS that are known to impact overall RAM use?

We won’t bother the list anymore about this after this question :) Thanks for the help!

-Steve

Steve Lerner | Sr. Member of Technical Staff, Network Engineering | M 212 495 9212 | slerner@ebay.com<mailto:slerner@ebay.com>
<image001.jpg>