From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size query from eBay
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 03:15:20 GMT
please provide more information:
1, ATS version

2, object size setting:
traffic_line -r proxy.config.cache.min_average_object_size

3, mem dump info:
follow https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/sdk/troubleshooting-tips/debugging-memory-leaks.en.html
<https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/sdk/troubleshooting-tips/debugging-memory-leaks.en.html>
and attach the result from traffic.out.

- Yongming Zhao 赵永明

> 在 2014年11月14日,上午10:40,Lerner, Steve <slerner@ebay.com> 写道:
>
> Hi gang- Phil Sorber referred me to this list.
>
> We are setting up clusters of Apache Traffic Server to beef up the front end of our image
services which are… large in terms of volume… to say the least.
E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz, 128G ram, 95T disk

> Here is our query:
>
> We are setting records.config as: CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size INT 64G
>
> But we find that trafficserver ignores this limit and grows at the default rate of 1MB
RAM / 1GB disk.

> Example of a current process:
>
> traffic_line -r proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size returns 68,719,476,736
> Which is about 64GB- correct!
>
> But looking at the process:
>
> 86050 nobody    20   0  108g 102g 4912 S   54 81.3   1523:33 /ebay/local/trafficserver/bin/traffic_server
-M --httpport 80:fd=7

> So basically we’ve set the process to only consume 64GB but its consuming 108GB…
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on why this happens or a way to fix it?
> We want to have constrained RAM but tons of disk- we’d much rather have the cache serve
from disk then start swapping RAM

slerner@ebay.com <mailto:slerner@ebay.com> | Skype: steve.lerner