From Jason Strongman <jasonstrongman2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ATS 5.1.1 And ESXI Ubuntu Guest
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:18:57 GMT
Jason.. thanks for your response.

Yeah I noticed vmware specific driver versions differ between RHEL 6.5 and
Ubuntu Precise/Trusty.. With the versions on RHEL 6.5 being a little behind
latest generic kernel of Precise/Trusty

Next, for my precise build, I simply installed 3.2.0-29-virtual, then
installed all the vmware provided modules(see below) built against this
kernel.

http://packages.vmware.com/tools/esx/5.5u2/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/binary-amd64/index.html

Performance increased significantly, but RHEL still won out. Right now I am
looking at tweaking OS tuneables and see how much mileage that gets me.