From "wangxuguang@chnvideo.com" <wangxugu...@chnvideo.com>
Subject Re: Re: help: How I can cross-build trafficserver ?
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 05:56:18 GMT

>> On Dec 26, 2014, at 1:56 AM, wangxuguang@chnvideo.com wrote:
>>
>> hello!
>> I want to port traffic server to arm-linux.  I compiled it within buildroot on x86
computer.

>To the best of my knowledge, no-one has ever worked on supporting cross-compilation for
Traffic Server.

We use a wifi router as a vod server in barbershop.  So a http cache server is needed.

>> I got a error "./CompileParseRules: ./CompileParseRules: cannot execute binary file".

>> I read the Makefile.am and kown that the  CompileParseRules was compiled by arm-linux-gcc.

>Yeh, this file should be compiled by $HOSTCXX. I did a bit of google research on how automake
supports this, and the answer seems to be "not very well". I think that you are better off
finding an ARM host to build on.
I decided to use squild temporarily, becase there are only tens of client device.  If the
performance is a problem, I will consider of traffic server.  Thank you very much !