From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: help: How I can cross-build trafficserver ?
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2014 00:46:09 GMT

> On Dec 26, 2014, at 1:56 AM, wangxuguang@chnvideo.com wrote:
>
> hello!
> I want to port traffic server to arm-linux.  I compiled it within buildroot on x86 computer.

To the best of my knowledge, no-one has ever worked on supporting cross-compilation for Traffic
Server.

> I got a error "./CompileParseRules: ./CompileParseRules: cannot execute binary file".

> I read the Makefile.am and kown that the  CompileParseRules was compiled by arm-linux-gcc.

Yeh, this file should be compiled by $HOSTCXX. I did a bit of google research on how automake
supports this, and the answer seems to be "not very well". I think that you are better off
finding an ARM host to build on.