+1

-Bryan

On Dec 5, 2014, at 8:34 AM, Phil Sorber <sorber@apache.org> wrote:

On Mon Dec 01 2014 at 10:12:17 AM Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

[Resending this, since I messed up and added the wrong dev@ list
initially. Please reply to this email, and not the original post].

Hi all,

I’d like to propose that we shift all future releases forward by roughly 2
month. So, the releases would be as following (note that 5.2.0 is on the
“legacy” schedule):

       5.2.0 — December 2014
       5.3.0 — April 2015 (this is an LTS)
       6.0.0 — July 2015
       6.1.0 — October 2015
       6.2.0 — January 2016
       6.3.0 — April 2016  (this is an LTS)

The rationale for this is basically that a release in November almost
never makes sense. No one will deploy anything around Thanksgiving and/or
the winter holidays. In addition, I feel these schedule fits better into
how we have been scheduling ATS Summits.

Thoughts?

— Leif

Sounds good to me. +1.