Sounds like a plan to me.  Also, a quick thank you for preparing for releases by branching somewhat early.
It's been really useful to me personally.

Regards,

Adam

On Mon Dec 01 2014 at 11:12:15 AM Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
[Resending this, since I messed up and added the wrong dev@ list initially. Please reply to this email, and not the original post].

Hi all,

I’d like to propose that we shift all future releases forward by roughly 2 month. So, the releases would be as following (note that 5.2.0 is on the “legacy” schedule):

        5.2.0 — December 2014
        5.3.0 — April 2015 (this is an LTS)
        6.0.0 — July 2015
        6.1.0 — October 2015
        6.2.0 — January 2016
        6.3.0 — April 2016  (this is an LTS)

The rationale for this is basically that a release in November almost never makes sense. No one will deploy anything around Thanksgiving and/or the winter holidays. In addition, I feel these schedule fits better into how we have been scheduling ATS Summits.

Thoughts?

— Leif