From Yongming Zhao <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ATS performance Metrics
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 16:57:12 GMT
I don’t think that there is some data, that is based on:
1, it is hard to maintain some dedicated testing server with performance testings
2, it is hard to compare with others if you don’t have the same hardware and operating system
3, it is hard to make a testing with the same testing tool commands

when we do performance testing, we used these two small tools:
1, jtest, the most powerful proxy stress tool in the world, to generate configured pressure,
and yes, we do need many jtest to run if you want drive ATS. I have write a jtest doc in Chiness:
/tools/jtest/README.zh.md, you may find some scripts in the end of the file.

  we choose to using screen to run jtest in the background, and may get some result for the
stress testing grow into the stability testing.

2, we do data collection using tsar, for OS and ATS,commonly we will just looking at the
'tsar -l’, the live mode to find out how good it is. and later we will use the logged data
to compere.

Bran have some data in his ppt, please find it out from the CWIKI: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Presentations+-+2014

thanks