From Sudheer Vinukonda <sudhe...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: how to get the more accurate bytes of each client's usage
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 19:05:39 GMT
ATS doesn't keep track of the bytes exchanged at the TCP layer - you may need to dig into some
of the available network tools (e.g tcpview, netstat etc) on how they collect this information
and write a plugin that can do that on ATS. Below is a link with some useful/relevant tips:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4705292/how-to-count-bytes-sent-and-received-per-tcp-connection-system-wide
  Thanks,
Sudheer
      From: 毅程 <phillipchengyi@gmail.com>
 To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
 Sent: Monday, March 9, 2015 10:48 AM
 Subject: how to get the more accurate bytes of each client's usage

Hi:
I am using following set of api     long clientReqHdrBytes = TSHttpTxnClientReqHdrBytesGet(txnp);
  long clientReqBdyBytes = TSHttpTxnClientReqBodyBytesGet(txnp);    long clientRspHdrBytes
= TSHttpTxnClientRespHdrBytesGet(txnp);    long clientRspBdyBytes = TSHttpTxnClientRespBodyBytesGet(txnp);to
get the usage byte numbers of all client related request and response.but obviously I have
not counted all the TCP bytes using these API.Is there a way I can get the usage including
the TCP layer.I have used wireshark to track the real bytes transferred.it looks the 66 bytes
of TCP layer (IPV4) is not counted in both request and response.also all the other 66 bytes
 TCP ACK, SYN, FIN are all not counted.I would like to have a way to count all the bytes
communicated with the client.
Shall I use the code in plugin/tcpinfo?Thanks.Cheng Yi