From Alan Carroll <solidwallofc...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: traffic server configuration
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:46:15 GMT
The best rule is to ask, what is the universe of origin servers you expect to access? If it
is finite and known, use reverse proxy. If it is potentially unlimited, use forward proxy.
But what real difference this makes, I don't know. Transparency is completely independent
of forward/reverse proxy and each side is independent of the other (you can have transparency
on just the user agent side, just the origin server side, or both). Getting transparent mode
to work can be a bit of a pain (since it requires configuration outside of ATS) so I would
avoid it unless you have a specific need for it.