From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: about event hooks for https messages
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 00:42:49 GMT

> On Mar 3, 2015, at 4:09 PM, 毅程 <phillipchengyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Sudheer.
> I need a more inline/realtime way instead of passive log way.
> The problem i am facing now is
> for http there is no problem
> for https i can't find the right hook to get the request and response size even though
the client already get the response. (since there is keep alive http connections for https),
I can only get the size when the transaction is closed which will be very late.

Transaction hooks are no different between http and https. Maybe there's a problem in how
you are selecting transactions to attach the hooks? Or if this is a remap plugin, are you
applying the plugin to the right remap rules?

> Cheng Yi

> Typically, this information is available from the custom logging fields:
>
> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin/event-logging-formats.en.html
>
> cqbl
> The client request transfer length; the body length in the client request to Traffic
Server (in bytes).
> cqhl
> The client request header length; the header length in the client request to Traffic
Server.