From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Completely redundant physical installation
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 22:18:34 GMT

Am 18.03.2015 um 23:04 schrieb Ergin Ozekes:
> I need recommendation about fully redundant physical installation. I
> think about to use two switch, two server which include ats with fully
> clustered and the all the connection should be paired between switch and
> the server. Which protocols should be used for the active/active load
> balanced switch? Which protocols should be used for the redundant
> cabling on the server?

in case of having that all in the same network mostly nic-teaming on
both machines and dns round-robin should be enough to spread the load

in case of virtualization you can have easy HA for both servers

real redundancy would require having the machines on different
locations, round-robin DNS with a very small TTL and remove offline
nodes from the DNS records, in that case you also need to make sure that
the connections to the origin are redundant

for full redundancy there is honestly no easy setup