From Alan Carroll <solidwallofc...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Randomly high read rates
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 21:38:15 GMT
One thing to check for is (1) large objects in the cache and (2) multi-range requests. In this
case ATS will read the entire object and filter out that parts that aren't in the range requests.
The standard range acceleration only works for single range requests. Every object resides
on a single disk so if this is a specific object you would see this heavy read only on that
disk. There is a debug message for this but unfortunately it's "http_trans" which generates
*a lot* of output. If you're willing to do a minor tweak of the source, look in HttpSM.cc
for the line reading "Unable to accelerate range request" and change the tag from "http_trans"
to something more specific such as "http_trans_range" and then use that as the debug tag.
This may not be the problem, but it is worth taking a look.