From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing few query strings from cache key
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 23:48:05 GMT
It really depends on whether you want the origin server to see the query parameters or not.
Both plugins ought to work as far as the cache key goes, but they behave differently for the
origin side.

My preference is to modify the request URL in remap when possible. The API to modify the cache
key, as used by cacheurl plugin, is pretty inefficient. I'd have to check the regex_remap
to see if it does what you want . I'm pretty sure the Lua plugin can do this with a small
amount of Lua script.

-- Leif

> On Mar 13, 2015, at 1:01 PM, Steve Malenfant <smalenfant@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to find the best way to remove part of the Query String for cache reasons.
Either exclude everything except (x, y and z) or include everything except (x, y and z)

> Seems like the CacheURL Plugin is how you would get this done. Seems like regex_remap
could do something similar but not exactly how you would achieve the results I wanted.