From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Traffic_top is gone in ATS 5.2 on Ubuntu 14.04
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 00:36:28 GMT

> On Mar 24, 2015, at 8:25 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 24, 2015, at 7:53 PM, Huaping Gu <humphrey.gu@gmail.com <mailto:humphrey.gu@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Igor,
>> When I tried to install "ncurses-dev" on Ubuntu 14.04, I am recommended to install
"libncurses5-dev", so I installed libncurses5-dev.
>> sudo apt-get install ncurses-dev
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Note, selecting 'libncurses5-dev' instead of 'ncurses-dev'
>> libncurses5-dev is already the newest version.
>> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
>>

>> Then configure the source code, configuration out put shows ncurse is there.
>> cd trafficserver/
>> autoreconf -if
>>
>> checking for working ncurses/curses.h..
>

> Try installing the lib curl package, e.g.
>
> 	$ sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

I should clarify, you need both the package above, and the appropriate libncurses5-dev packages.
Maybe someone here who is a Debian maintainer can add these requisites to the “traffic server”
meta-package for setting up the build environment? :)

— Leif